The following terms and conditions are set out to confirm the services provided by Johnstone Films for the wedding day and the responsibilities of all parties involved.
There will be no variation on these terms and conditions unless accepted in writing by both parties.
You / your – The couple
We / us / our – Johnstone Films
Deposit & Payment
- A non-refundable 10% deposit for the cost of each package is required to secure a booking.
- Full payment of the remaining balance is required 30 days before the wedding date.
- All cancellations must be in writing (email or letter).
- Should you have to cancel the booking the following charges will be applicable:
- More than 30 days before the wedding date the balance will not be chargeable, but the non-refundable deposit retained by Johnstone Films.
- Less than 30 days before the wedding date the full balance is chargeable and the non-refundable deposit retained by Johnstone Films.
- Should, for whatever reason we need to cancel, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid.
- It is your responsibility to obtain any permissions, licences and pay any fees to any venues/locations or entertainers/musicians performing, where filming will take place.
- Unless you advise otherwise, we will assume all persons attending the wedding have consented to being filmed.
- We respect the wishes and regulations of anyone officiating at the wedding ceremony which may limit where we position cameras and other equipment. There may be other restrictions such as a limit to movement around the venue or certain parts of the ceremony which we are not allowed to film.
- We make every effort to produce a quality film and ensure all our equipment is of the highest quality and regularly maintained. There are several back-up strategies for audio and visuals, but we cannot be held responsible for any lighting, sound or interference issues caused by circumstances outside our control. This includes equipment failure, adverse lighting, noise issues and restrictions imposed by venues.
- We use discretion to ensure that significant parts of the wedding day are recorded. We cannot guarantee that every aspect of the day can be recorded. We retain artistic licence.
- We make every effort to arrive at locations on time but cannot be held responsible for lateness or non-attendance caused by circumstances outside our control such as traffic delays, severe weather conditions, unforeseen illness/incapacity, accident, technical, camera or equipment failure. In such circumstances we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss alternative arrangements.
- We aim to be as discreet as possible during the day and work alongside the official photographer. We follow the events of the day as they happen and therefore, are not in control of the setting. This may lead to some images being in high shadow/contrast or partial/temporary obstruction of subjects being filmed or issues of low / no sound. We may be unable to take footage if the official photographer is not willing to allow filming when they are working.
- We will not usually film during the wedding breakfast, but would ask that refreshments are provided for the videographer during this time. This means we can remain on site for the full duration of the day.
- Whilst we aim to film as much as possible during the day, the minimum amount of footage that will be taken on the day or the minimum length of final film is not guaranteed, this is due to unique structure of each individual wedding.
Health & Safety
- We work with Health and Safety issues in mind and reserve the right not to film in dangerous or unsafe situations.
- If there is any particular music you would like to be included in the film, please inform us before the wedding day. We will advise if there are any particular issues with the choice of music. If no specific music is requested, we will choose appropriate music.
- We aim to send a copy of the final film to you within 60 days of the wedding day.
- You must notify us in writing (email or letter) within 7 days of receipt of the final film of any faults or issues and every reasonable attempt will be made to resolve them. Should we not hear from you within 7 days, we will assume you are happy with the final film.
- All editing decisions are at Johnstone Films discretion. We advise you to watch examples of our work online at www.johnstonefilms.com, to familiarise yourselves with our style of work. We will do our utmost to include suggestions and ideas from you, providing these are made in writing (letter or email) and before the wedding day, however, we can not guarantee that they will be included.
- We retain copyright of all materials recorded and it is not our policy to offer the raw footage to you or third parties.
- Any re-edits or any additional changes deemed unreasonable will be charged at a rate of £50.00 per hour of editing time.
- We reserve the right to display parts of your video online and via social media, unless you request otherwise.
- We hold full Public Liability Insurance.
- In the unlikely event of complete equipment failure or other circumstances outside our control which means we are unable to film your wedding you will receive a full refund. We will not be liable for any further damages.
Filming aerial footage by drone
- If you decided to have drone footage in your film, we will immediately begin studying two factors; Maps of the location will help us to look at local potential obstacles and plan flight routes, while weather predictions will help us to see that the flight can actually take place. The one big obstacle to drone filming is rain, but otherwise the likelihood of having to cancel is slim.
- In the event of the flight not being able to take place, you will be eligible for a refund for the drone part of the wedding package.
- Prior to the wedding date, we will speak to the landowner of your wedding venue to gain permission for the flight to go ahead.
- On the morning of your wedding, your drone cameraman will conduct a site assessment, taking into account any potential safety concerns. Before any filming takes place, you will also meet them so everybody knows what to expect and is comfortable.
- Our cameraman is a qualified PfCO-holding pilot, as awarded by the CAA, and why we conduct safety assessments and site surveys. If you have any questions about drone videography, please do get in touch at email@example.com.